ELIGIBILITY TO COMPETE
- No singer may be a member of more than one choir in each competition.
- No choir may sing the same repertoire in two different competitions.
- Adjudicators will award marks for the technical and artistic quality of the chosen programme and the overall quality of its performance. They will also take into account how well the choir communicates with the audience in a performance situation.
- Change/s to submitted programme/s is/are not permitted.
- The adjudicators will penalise choirs whose programmes exceed the prescribed limits.
- Sheet music is not necessary for Gospel or Barbershop Competitions.
- Performance times – competitions I & J – 12 minutes. All other competitions – 8 minutes
- Entry fee of €60 per choir and per competition must accompany each entry – fees are not refundable.
- Only original sheet music may be submitted with the application – photocopies are not acceptable.
Choirs entering all competitions should submit 2 original copies of each piece.
n.b Competitors are reminded that it is illegal to photocopy (or copy by any other means) works which are copyright, without the permission of the copyright holder. The festival and/or adjudicator/s may refuse photocopied items where competitors cannot produce proof of permission to copy. Should a choir do so, the Committee will accept no responsibility for any action taken later by the publishers.
- Each entry must be made on a separate official entry form – photocopy if necessary.
- Translations should be submitted where appropriate.
- Incomplete entries will be returned.
- Late entries will be accepted only in exceptional circumstances.
- Our bankers are – Bank of Ireland, Stephen Street, Sligo, Ireland.
Acccount No. : 2644 7302, Sort Code: 905440
IBAN : IE 32BOFI 9054 4026 4473 02
- The decisions of the adjudicators will be final in all competitions and no correspondence will be entered into regarding any aspect of their work.
- The committee reserves the right to refuse entries.
- The committee reserves the right to cancel a competition if it is of the opinion that –
a. sufficient entries have not been received.
b. the submitted programme does not, in the opinion of the music sub-committee, reach the desired standard.
- The committee reserves the right to restrict the number of entries in any class where the maximum number, which can be adequately dealt with, has been reached.
- The time shown on the programme will be the time at which the particular session commences.
The committee reserves the right to change the order of events at its discretion.
- The decisions of the committee in all matters arising out of, or not specifically covered in these rules, are final.
- The committee accepts no legal responsibility whatsoever in respect of anything pertaining to a choir’s participation in the festival and its associated activities.
- Please book your accommodation as soon as possible.
- Please submit all items as per CHECK LIST on ENTRY FORM
- Choirs should bring their own keyboards for practice/warm-up.
- Choirs competing in competition H – Gospel Choirs – may only use piano or keyboard and no other instruments.
- Choirs will not be allowed to practice on stage before competition.
- All choirs must provide their own transport.
- ALL CHOIRS SHOULD HAVE A MINIMUM OF 12 VOICES
- We regret that due to restrictions on space, we will not be able to provide changing/rehearsal rooms in the Gilhooly Hall or Sligo Cathedral. All choirs should change and rehearse in their accommodation.
- All choirs should provide their own accompanist.